Thursday 27 July 2017

In search of summer

I'm in denial about the 'summer' weather so I'm mentally transporting myself elsewhere. Specifically to jungles, beaches and anywhere in between where the temperature is rising and the sun is shining.  

And what better way to channel the tropics than a bit of monkey magic (with some cheetahs - or maybe they're leopards - I'm not sure) thrown in for good measure. This range has been ALL over Instagram for weeks and it's joyful. The pictures on the website don't do it justice in the slightest. There's a dress, a skirt, a pyjama style shirt and a pair of trousers (sadly these are short if you're tall like me but if you're anything under 5 ft 7 I reckon you might just be in luck). Happily, in spite of the weather, all of it is super-adaptable and wearable with jackets, wraps, boots and anything else we don't think we'll ever need in July (nearly August). 
Pleated dress - Light pink/Patterned - Ladies | H&M GB
From the tropics to aquatics. & Other Stories has come up trumps again with this amazing dress. Perfect for when you're experiencing marineire fatigue and want a more edgy touch of the seaside. 

 & Other Stories Shoreline dress

And continuing on a nautical theme, there are lobsters. Oh yes. You might think you've seen it all when it comes to crustacean couture. I thought so too, until I saw this Uterque belt. It's in the sale too and to say it's a bargain is something of an understatement. It's in and out of stock daily though so keep checking back on the site. 



It wouldn't be summer without the gentle buzz of insects and I'm obsessed with this shawl from Uterque. Utterly stunning and could easily transition into the Autumn wardrobe (which I'm already deploying now).

 Uterque shimmery jacquard shawl


If it's not enough that summer is AWOL, the end of the sales means it's well and truly limbo season on the high street and the buying is - well - not easy. That is unless you're talking accessories, in which case take an immediate detour to Zara where the accessories are firing on all cylinders. Including these amazing earrings I picked up last week and have discovered go with pretty much everything I own. Trust me that this is quite something coming from someone who hasn't 'done' earrings since the early '90s... 

Earrings: Zara .Shirt: Whistles










No comments:

Post a Comment