Monday 8 August 2016

In praise of red

I'm not supposed to like red, being a redhead and all, but I do. While I'm planning my Autumn/Winter wardrobe, I've been taking a look at what's around and here's my rundown of the top of the reds right now.

I've got a few pairs of Uterque long boots so I couldn't quite get past these. I've always wanted a pair of red boots and being suede these look just about perfect (they're even OK-ish price-wise when you compare them to the likes of LK Bennett and Russell and Bromley where you could get similar for considerably more).

Stretch suede boots - £160 - Uterque

Red accessories are a great way of introducing a pop of colour into your outfit without making a major commitment and this Saint Laurent velvet bag is the ultimate way to tap into both red as a key colour for Autumn/Winter and velvet as a key trend. 

Saint Laurent Monogram baby quilted velvet cross-body bag - £950 - Matches Fashion
Sticking with the accessories theme and back to Uterque, this sheepskin collar is perfection and would look amazing over anything from a plain black sweater to a leather jacket or a winter coat. 

Red fur snood - £95.00 - Uterque

Speaking of leather jackets, there is an amazing one just in at Mango and it's an absolute bargain too - it comes in a couple of other colours but the red stands out for me. 

Leather biker jacket - £119.99 - Mango

Continuing the Spanish brands theme, Zara also have some brilliant red options in their new stock. This dress is the perfect shade of red, the perfect length and the detailing is also pretty perfect with a cut-out back and decorated fastening. It's a bargain too at just £22.99. 

Dress with Mao collar - £22.99 - Zara

Once again, all my vicarious AW shopping has got me missing my winter wardrobe - I'm pretty sure I won't be saying this once the rain and the dark nights set in again but... 









No comments:

Post a Comment