Wednesday 9 August 2017

The cat's pyjamas

Full disclosure. I'm blogging this because I've just bought two new pairs of trousers that I'm trying to find a way to justify. So today it's all about wide leg trousers.

I accidentally discovered that these suit me when I stumbled upon a pair a Chloe denim culottes in a charity shop earlier in the summer. I've practically lived in them since and it's made me realise there's a gap in my wardrobe (or there would be if I could stuff anything else in).

Let's start with cropped. I've bought these today - they are quite literally the cat's pyjamas. I don't even like cats but I love these. I'm well aware that I'll probably see a LOT of people wearing them because they're amazing and a total bargain but I don't care. There's a top too and I'm seriously thinking about going back for it but I'll see how the trousers work first.

Image 8 of CAT PRINT TROUSERS from Zara
Zara cat print trousers - £29.99


I'm feeling a nautical vibe (or maybe that should be maritime looking at the weather) at the moment, so I love these from La Redoute - they're a complete steal at £18 and they've still got most sizes left

Image Cropped Trousers MADEMOISELLE R
La Redoute cropped trousers - Mademoiselle R - £18

Navy is a bit of a theme in my wardrobe and I've been eyeing these from Me and Em for a while now. I love a bit of satin and these look like they'd hang amazingly. The fact they're £44 (down from £149!) is even more reason to snap them up. 

Women's Trousers | Wide Leg Forever Pant in Navy from ME+EM
Me and Em Wide Leg Forever Pant - £44

Obviously cropped trousers are perfect for this August monsoon season we're having, but there are some amazing full-length options around too. Starting with these from Winser London. They come in blue and navy and they look like the perfect length and shape. They're a bit more pricey but if they're anything like other Winser trousers they're worth it.

Winser London satin back wide leg crepe trousers - £99
I've just bought a pair of wide leg velvet trousers from ASOS but they're sold out now. These are a great alternative from Finery and would translate brilliantly into Autumn/Winter. They're an absolute bargain at 60% off too. 

040 velvet trousers shorts pink finery london 1859
Finery velvet wide leg trousers - £39
Finally, I've recently rediscovered Massimo Dutti - where has this brand been all my life? Seriously. Their Limited Edition collection is off the scale and I want to buy every.single.thing. While I wait to win the lottery to make this happen, there are these. They look incredible and far more expensive than the £99.95 price tag. The camel colour makes them an instant classic so they're not even hard to justify (well that's what I'm telling myself. It won't hurt to try them on at least...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment