Saturday 30 July 2016

The lust list (featuring the best pair of boots on the High Street)

If it's possible to be bored of shopping at the moment, I think I may be. It's the end-of-sales feeling that's behind it I think, so I'm on the hunt for fresh meat when it comes to my shopping endeavours. Luckily, I've found plenty this week.

In my quest to get a grip on my shopping and finances I've been avoiding the Zara website like the plague. What a mistake. There is some truly brilliant stuff on there at the moment and top of this is this unbelievable pair of boots - of course they're already sold out in my size, but of course, I've signed up for an update if and when they're restocked. I'm astounded at the price given the fact that they're 1) truly over-the-knee - even on the model and 2) they're actually close-fitting on the legs, which, as anyone else with size eight feet will know, is a rarity as mostly they end up fitting like wellies. Just stunning and I know from the several pairs of OTKs I already own that they'd be bizarrely wearable for something so show-stopping.

OTK High Heel Boots - Zara - £55.99

Because I became very obsessed with these very quickly, I spent quite some time trawling the Zara site to see them styled with something else to check the fit more closely. I then came across this gem of a coat. I do love a yoke and the embroidery is subtle enough to keep this really wearable. Oh and then there's that collar. And just look how it looks with the boots. I need all of this immediately. 

Coat with an embroidered yoke - Zara - £119.00

Ladylike is my favourite look of the moment and Gucci just keeps on delivering - especially in the shape of this amazing jumper. I love pointelle, I love ruffles and I just love this. 

Pointelle ruffled wool-blend sweater - Gucci at net-a-porter - £725

However, as part of my new approach to trying to be sensible about shopping, I've looked around for High Street alternatives and my favourite is this one from ASOS

Pointelle sweater with ruffle collar - ASOS - £25.00

I've been living in espadrilles and trainers since the weather got better, so I'm craving a bit of footwear variety. On my hunt for what's-new-and-needs-to-go-into-my-basket, I found these from the ever-brilliant Uterque. I'm not sure what would happen to them in the rain but there's always Uber so who cares? Utterly amazing (and they're grey too - hooray). 

Ballet flats with knot - Uterque - £80.00
In other news, the Goen J coat from net-a-porter arrived and is every bit as fantastic as I hoped it would be. Very pleased with myself for making myself wait to buy it! 











No comments:

Post a Comment