Wednesday 13 July 2016

Beautiful bows

It started with this top from Toga which I stumbled across browsing the Matches Fashion sale (all in the name of research of course).

Bow-embellished short-sleeved top - Toga at Matches Fashion - now £136

A bit of deeper digging (this time on net-a-porter) led me to this beauty from Moschino and so an obsession with bows has begun. Elegant, polished and strangely understated when they're done right, they're an instant outfit uplift without going OTT. The bonus is that, like collars, they create an impression of making an effort, even when you haven't done anything of the sort.

Bow-embellished wool sweater - Boutique Moschino at net-a-porter - £230

Perhaps the pinnacle of my quest for beautiful bows; this Saint Laurent sweater is ladylike perfection. Those sleeves. Those shoulders. The sequins. There's the price though so I can only live in hope that something similar appears on a High Street near me soon. I've no doubt it's worth it though.

Sequin bow-embellished sweater - Saint Laurent at net-a-porter - £915
Speaking of ladylike, this Kate Spade cape ticks every stylish box. It's not cheap but it would be so wearable and it's in the sale (with a hefty reduction at that) so there are ways and means to justify it.

Bow capelet, Kate Spade - now £229
My extensive trawl of the Kate Spade website also led me to this beautiful sweater. The fact it is grey makes it even more appealing for someone as obsessed as me with this colour. Once again it's in the sale and once again the discount is a v. v. good one.

Bow sweater - Kate Spade - now £84
Even better is this one - partly because is has polka dots and glitter and, because it's jersey, it can be chucked in the washing machine. Again it's in the sale with a massive discount and comes in under the £60 mark which is a huge bonus. 

Glitter bow sweatshirt - Kate Spade - now £59

Finally, if it ever stops raining and we can ever set foot outside without wellies or at the very least boots, I've got my eye on these amazing Casablanca sneakers from Russell and Bromley. I may just have to arrange an exploratory trying-on session to see if I could squeeze my feet into a 7 which seems to be the biggest these go (in the red, which would be my preference, at least). I will report back. 
Casablanca bow trim sneakers - Russell and Bromley - £175






No comments:

Post a Comment