Friday 8 July 2016

It's never too early to talk coats

It might sound like a strange time of year to be talking coats, but have you seen the weather forecast for next week? Specifically today I'm fixated on trench coats and there are currently some great ones around.

On the High Street, Zara unequivocally does this best. I've amassed quite a collection in various shades and colours over the years and can't bring myself to part with even one of them - they're that good. I'm a big fan of the cut, the quality and the length of Zara's offering when it comes to coats - they're particularly brilliant if you're tall. While any serious AW stock is yet to arrive, there are a few trenches left in the sale - including this crossover option which is a great buy while the weather still can't make up it's mind. I'm keeping a close eye on the men's trenches too just in case a gem in a small size comes up as there are some seriously amazing bargains in the sale too.

Crossover trench - Zara - now £39.99
Then there's the grand-daddy of trench coats - the Burberry. This one in the net-a-porter sale caught my eye because of the colour (navy - yes, I'm obsessed), the length and the gold buttons. It's selling out fast though and there are only a couple of (small) sizes left but I've never let the fact a coat won't do up stop me if it looks fabulous enough.

Scottswood cotton garbadine trench coat - Burberry at net-a-porter - now £897
Speaking of navy, this one from wonderful Winser London is amazing. It ticks every box - colour, collar, length, fabric. cut and more. It's not cheap but it's a true investment purchase and I could see myself wearing this all year round. 
Midi trench coat - midnight blue - Winser London - £495
Of course for a really classic trench, camel is where it's at. As usual And Other Stories comes up with the goods again and again when it comes to coats and particularly trench coats. I've had this one in my basket for some time now and only the guilt of adding yet another camel trench to my collection is holding me back. Everything about it is perfect and you could wear it right now as easily as you could with a chunky knit underneath when the weather gets colder.


Cotton blend trench coat -  £73 - And Other Stories 
And finally, if its camel you want but you don't know whether to buy a trench, a blazer or a gilet - I give you this amazing By Malene convertible crepe trench, which is all three. Yes really. Look. It's brilliant and even better, its in the sale: 

By Malene Pasinios crepe convertible trench - now £340 - net-a-porter


It's almost tempting to start the AW shopping in earnest but that might have to wait until another day... 




No comments:

Post a Comment