Thursday 21 July 2016

Tied up in knots

I'm not one for belts, unless they come attached to a coat. They just don't look right on me somehow. But I've spotted an alternative that's everywhere at the moment - the tie front - (specifically the over-sized, sleeve-like, sash-like, tie front) and I can't recommend it enough. As usual, ASOS is leading the way in harnessing this trend on the High Street and there is loads to choose from.

This dress was one of the first things that caught my eye. It's navy for a start and the length looks spot-on. Long sleeves mean it'll transition all the way through to winter. It would be massively versatile when it comes to where you can wear it, as its just the right side of casual. It looks expensive too, which is of course a bonus (especially because it's not).

Tie detail midi dress in self stripe - ASOS White - £75.00

I'm completely in love with this jumper from the same range and would wear it almost exactly as it's styled here with leather leggings or skinny jeans or trousers (the skinnier the better as it balances the shape beautifully). Again, it's a total bargain even though it screams designer.

Tie detail top in self stripe - ASOS White - £45.00

Sticking with the leather leggings/skinnies theme, this - from Noisy May at ASOS - caught my eye. ASOS describes it as a dress. Clearly it's not, but it would be a dream over said leather leggings, etc. Plus, it's black, so it would go with everything.

High-low tie front sweat dress - Noisy May at ASOS - £20.00

Speaking of black and because I'm obsessed with jackets, I couldn't go past this one from Lavish Alice at ASOS. It's perfect on so many levels (the collar, the sleeves and of course the tie). So perfect in fact, that it's sold out in anything above a 12, so don't hang around.

Tie front split sleeve blazer - Lavish Alice at ASOS - £70

If black is your thing and you want to future-proof this trend for your AW wardrobe, there are some beautiful wool tie-front numbers on net-a-porter - like this amazing dress from MM6 Maison Margiela.

Wool tie front dress - MM6 Maison Margiela at net-a-porter - £370

There's a jumper in the same range too...

Tie front wool sweater - MM6 Maison Margiela at net-a-porter - £290

And for wool without the price tag, try this from Whistles - the perfect weight and colour for the AW transition.

Sleeveless knitted dress with tie sleeve front - Whistles at ASOS - £120
If you're after something to wear right now (eg: while summer hangs on in there) you can't go wrong with this dress.

Tie front shift dress in natural fibre stripe - ASOS - £45.00

It comes in a plain blue too which once again punches way above its weight in the style stakes:

Tie front shift dress in natural fibre - ASOS - £42.00


Then there's this one from Warehouse - a brand which seems to be having a 'moment' season-after-season right now. Be quick though as it's sold out online and only available in stores.


Tie front cotton shirt dress - Warehouse - £45
I realised today (after scraping the barrels of my wardrobe all week), that I don't have any summer clothes, so in my quest for picking up something suitable at the end of the sales (hello net-a-porter extra-20%-off-the-sale), I bought, yes, you guessed it, a coat. Because a coat is always useful in 30 degree heat. In my defence it was the Goen J beauty I've been eyeing since this post and I'll be sending some other bits back (well, that's what I'm telling myself to justify it). It looks as though the 'watch and wait' strategy paid off (it was one of the 'extra 20% items'!), but I will report back when it arrives...












No comments:

Post a Comment