Thursday 30 June 2016

Sister Jane

I've been meaning to blog about this brand for a while because quite honestly it's an amazing find. I first discovered it browsing the 'what's new' section of ASOS back in the winter and immediately snapped up a short-sleeved red plaid top with the all-important built-in collar (I have managed to ruin the collar but that is a whole other story). I was beyond delighted to see ASOS expand the range further and even more to discover the brand's own website. It's full-to-bursting with gems and - like everywhere else right now - there's lots of good stuff left in the sale.

The brilliance of this brand is in its detail and statement features, like ruffling, over-sized sleeves, bold collars, lace and unapologetic volume. Here are some of my favourite pieces right now:

This shirt is a fabulous find - I love the ruffled sleeves and the long back. It's buttoned-up but casual at the same time (apparently that's possible) and would look amazing over jeans or shorts (if we ever get a summer, of course).

Blue Crush Ruffle Blouse
Blue crush ruffle blouse- Sister Jane - £52.00
Gingham is having a moment and it's taken this dress to wake me up to why. It's simple, but the drama of the details - like the Princess Di-style, oversized lace-trimmed sleeves, and the ruffled neckline - give it a way more expensive and edgy feel than the price-tag would suggest. Long sleeves with the oh-so-innocent gingham pattern and pastel palette offset the length and create something far more stylish for summer and than your average (read dreary) maxi-dress or floral number. 

Checkmate Gingham Dress
Checkmate Gingham dress - Sister Jane - £65.00

And on the subject of dresses, I stumbled across this one on ASOS which has gone straight on my A/W pre-purchase list. It's on the Sister Jane site too but I think the ASOS pics show it off even better. Once again, the shape and the detailing blend together perfectly and it would work just as well with bronzed legs and gladiators through festival & summer holiday season as it would with ankle boots or trainers and a leather jacket when the temperature drops.  As with everything from Sister Jane, it looks expensive too. But it's not. 

Portrait of a girl lace dress - Sister Jane - £78.00

Talking of the temperature, it doesn't look like we're due a heatwave any time soon but it's no reason to ignore this gorgeous 'Heatwave' shirt. I don't often 'do' pink (being a redhead and all) but I might make an exception for this one. Especially because the icing on the cake of this particular shirt is its mandarin collar. Completely perfect. 
Heatwave Ruffle Top
Heatwave ruffle top - Sister Jane - £48.00
I've got a thing about navy blue (and a thing about ruffles) so this is yet another item that's gone straight to the top of my list. It's truly show-stopping and looks like it's come straight off the catwalk. I'd wear it for day with denim and for night with leather leggings and heels. (It also comes in a nude colour exclusively on the ASOS website, but I personally can't get past the depth and glamour of the blue). 

Lapis Shrimpton top - Sister Jane - now £29.00

This week has been all about sales and I'm feeling very pleased with myself to have bagged this fabulous navy gold-buttoned Zara jacket for the bargain price £39.99 in the Regent St store on Wednesday. There are more sale finds winging their way to me from various places (all to be tried on and to be decided upon) but the jacket is most definitely a keeper.









No comments:

Post a Comment