Sunday 19 June 2016

Fringe benefits

Tassels, fringes, pompoms are everywhere this summer and I couldn't be more delighted. Luckily for my bank balance, the high street is doing them brilliantly and even better for my bank balance, there are loads of great pieces in the sales at the moment.

Uterque in particular do this kind of thing very well. Even as someone who rarely 'does' necklaces, I'm still recovering from the disappointment of the amazing monkey necklace selling out (I've registered for updates just in case, of course and this is a classic example of where my watch and wait strategy falls down spectacularly), but there's always this beauty and green might just be that bit more versatile (this is how I'm trying to convince myself, anyway...). If the monkey is anything to go by, I'd say snap it up immediately.

Fringed gem necklace - now £44.90 - Uterque
If that's too much fringing for your liking, there's this one from Pieces at ASOS, which, at just £18 is also a snip.

Pieces Benua Necklace - ASOS - £18


Accessories are where fringing and tassels rule, and sticking with a Uterque theme, it's hard to by-pass this tasseled bag - especially thinking about summer holidays. It's categorised on the site as a beach bag, but I think it could easily double as a shopping bag (and if you're anything like me you could probably even chuck a laptop in there and take it to work too...).

Uterque tassel basket - now £39.90

Mango also do a brilliant version of this type of bag, this time in a more beachy shade of blue, but equally lovely and available at ASOS for £49.99

Mango tassel beach bag - £49.99 - ASOS 

Sticking with ASOS, there are some brilliant tasseled shoes around right now and these are probably my favourites. They look like something you'd buy handmade in Italy for a vast amount of money, but they are in fact just £22. They're low in stock though so, as always, don't hang around if you want them.

Filippa leather tassel sandals - £22.00 - ASOS

For a subtler take on tassels, you can't go wrong with these gladiators from Miss KG at ASOS. At £55 they're a touch more pricey, but their neutral colour scheme means they'd go with practically anything, so they're a good cost-per-wear option.

Miss KG Drita Nude Gladiator Tassel Flat Sandals - £55.00 - ASOS

Talking of all these fringes and tassels, the Dodo Bar Or playsuit arrived from net-a-porter (excuse the awful quality picture). I'm undecided - partly as a result of the slightly OTT jangling noise that occurs when I walk around and partly because it's just a bit short in the leg and definitely cut for those who are a little more svelte than me from the back (I'm a true 12 and bought an M but I think I may in this case have preferred it a size bigger). It's gone into the 'holding pattern' that is the inside of my wardrobe with a few other purchases I'm yet to decide on for now, so watch this space. 





No comments:

Post a Comment