Tuesday 21 June 2016

Pseudo Glasto

It's Glasto-time (in case you hadn't guessed it from the can't-make-up-its-mind weather). Full disclosure, I've never been near a festival and I can't see myself starting any time soon. That's not to say I'm not drawn to festival fashion though, so it got me thinking (from the safety of my mud-free sofa), about what I'd wear if I did like this kind of thing.

I'd probably start with dresses - purely from a practical point of view because it would be less to carry and less to think about when it comes to building an outfit. This dress from Boho go-to, Free People would be one of my first ports of call. It's got it all from the embroidery detail to the all-important (for me) narrow deep v-neck and the perfect length sleeves. 

Free People Tulum Smock dress with embroidery - £148 - ASOS

This black denim embroidered dress from Mango (in the sale too) is also a great option - especially if the weather turns cooler and being denim it could be chucked into a bag or backpack and still look completely acceptable when you're ready to wear it
Black denim embroidered dress - Mango - now £19.99



As a stylish but practical alternative to wellies, I'd pick these Lakeridge leather boots - also from Free People, because they also do shoes brilliantly and these have a life-span way beyond festival season. 

Lakeridge leather boots - £268 - Free People

I'd choose a cross-body bag to carry essentials - probably something like this one from Oasis

Cross body leather whip stitch bag - £25.00 - Oasis at ASOS


If dresses aren't your thing, there's plenty more to try. Festivals and denim shorts go together like, well, they just do. These denim shorts from Boden are a brilliant option if you want just a bit more coverage as they come in two lengths - 4in and 9in. 

Women's denim shorts - £44.50 - Boden (shown in 9in leg)


And while I'm on the topic of Boden, there's this top (shown here in blue), which would be perfect with either length of the shorts. 

Gauzy boho top - £49.50 - Boden

As festival weather is notoriously unpredictable, catering for all eventualities is a must, so I'd be rocking oversized sunglasses like these

Aviator style gold tone and elaphe sunglasses - £245 - Linda Farrow at The Outnet

Felt fedora with bound edge - £8.50 - ASOS

Cotton tassel scarf - £19 - And Other Stories





Rockfish original tall gloss Samba red wellies - £69.99 - Rockfish


Talking of wellies, I could have done with some yesterday when I was putting this together. Instead, I attempted to brave the elements in these. Some people never learn...






No comments:

Post a Comment