Wednesday 8 June 2016

What if....we actually had a summer?




I thought we did until about a day ago, but looking out of the window, I was wrong.

But if we did, oh the fashion fun we could have. Here's how I'd do summer in my dreams (when I win the lottery/move to St Tropez/no longer have to work, of course):



Dodo Bar Or 'Mandy' dress from Matches Fashion

Even a complete summer washout couldn't have stopped me buying this beauty (the promise of a now-distant holiday helped in the justification) and I can't recommend it highly enough. Loose fitting but unexpectedly well cut - especially because of the gorgeous narrow deep v-neck - long-sleeved, (big tick from this red-head who only has to glimpse the sun to fry), and topped off with an amazingly flattering fluted skirt with tassels (tassels being currently one of my favourite details, second only to pompoms and ruffles IMO - more on those joys in a later post). I was worried the fabric would be scratchy, but it's totally the opposite and if the sun ever comes out again, I might have to put this on and never take it off. Here it is in the flesh, (on said distant holiday) - my advice - size down (I wanted it so much I bought it in an M because the S sold out while I was deciding. Gorgeous though it is, I think would be even better in the S). It works with all kinds of shoes too, incidentally - my recommendation would be a neutral espadrille for day or metallic gladiator for later.

Holidaying in Greece in the Dodo Bar Or. Hat, Forever21, Shoes, H&M


Next on this month's shopping lust-list (but not yet purchased), is this Cecile Copenhagen dress. I'm struggling to justify another Cecile purchase (as the proud owner of two tops and counting), but I feel that because it's available in black, this one is practically a staple and could fill a few summer/holiday/warm weekend gaps in the wardrobe (gaps, ha!). For anyone as lazy as me, it's worth noting that, unlike the Dodo Bar Or, you can chuck this one in the wash (gently, obvs).

Cecile Copenhagen 'Dress 2, V', Matches Fashion

And because all of this sparked an obsession with scarf print and Middle Eastern textiles, I have predictably been scouring the web for high street equivalents with which to stuff out my wardrobe until the next inevitable Kon Mari purge. Here's a round-up of the best I've found so far: 

Scarf print playsuit: Topshop

I'm literally amazed this gem is still on the Topshop site. If I saw someone wearing it, I would swear it was Cecile Copenhagen. But it's not. And the best bit - it's £40 and when I last looked, it was still available in all sizes.
Image 1 of Just Female Black and White Partisan Shorts
Just Female 'Partisan' shorts: ASOS
And talking of Cecile Copenhagen, if you can't get enough of her look but can't/don't want to justify the prices (although compared with Dodo Bar Or they're genuinely not bad), these lookalike shorts from ASOS are an amazing option - especially as they're currently in the sale for £22 and again (miraculously) available in all sizes at the last look. There are also two tops in the same pattern and - yes, you've guessed it - both are in the sale.

Image 1 of Just Female Black and White Partisan Kimono
Just Female 'Partisan' kimono: ASOS
Image 1 of Just Female Partisan Black and White Top
Just Female 'Partisan' top: ASOS
I'm keeping everything crossed the sun comes out again, although who knows what I'll wear to work if it does. That's a whole other post....

No comments:

Post a Comment