Wednesday 15 June 2016

The net-a-porter watch-list

Following the last post on 'sale day', I've been making my 'wait and see' list for net-a-porter. It's a little bit like shopping sport to me, watching and waiting for the next lot of reductions and seeing whether anything on my wish-list is among them. So here's what I'm watching right now:

I love, love, love this Self Portrait dress and I was *this* close to buying it yesterday but managed to talk some sense (?) into myself. It's already nicely discounted (at 40%), and honestly, despite the detail, I think it's still simple enough to be really versatile. Did I mention it's not dry-clean-only too - the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure why I didn't buy it in the first place. Still the purchase will be all the sweeter if it's reduced even further and is there in my size at the time:

Self-Portrait guipure lace-panelled crepe mini dress - now £147 - net-a-porter
Coats are something of an obsession for me (if I could wear one all year round, I would), so this Goen J (another brand I've recently discovered and think I've fallen slightly in love with) number caught my eye straight away. It's been years since I had a pale-coloured coat like this (I'm much too messy, obviously), and I LOVE the ruffle and belt details. And those sleeves. It's not cheap and it's only available in large at the time of writing, but a) it might come back in other sizes and b) it says size up and I reckon if you belted it tightly, it'd be a complete winner. This is the kind of garment which makes me question why I don't just save up some money in the first place, stop frittering it on stuff I 'sort of' want and just buy it. I will be watching this one like a hawk:

Goen J ruffle cotton-blend coat - now £445 - net-a-porter
It's not long since I came back from the US and it's safe to say I took advantage of a few trips to Madewell. Again, looking back at this fantastic linen mini, I've no idea why I didn't buy it at the time. But again, I'm making myself hold off. It's tempting though...

Madewell embroidered linen mini - now £90 - net-a-porter
Possibly the part of the net-a-porter sale I get most excited about every time - and particularly at the end of the sale - is the accessories. I've unearthed many an amazing find, from a beautiful Missoni Wool shawl reduced by 80% in the winter sale two years ago, to a Solange Azagury Partridge 'Love' ring which was discounted by 70% and reappeared on the site right before the sale closed. Amazing. So I've got a v. v. close eye on this particular section of the site and at the very top of my wish-list are these incredible oversized Lanvin red and fuschia tassel earrings. I cannot get enough of these and it's all I can do not to put them in my basket right.this.second. [Update 22/06: they're sold out - nooooo!]

Lanvin enamelled brass tassel earrings - now £210
Finally, after my jaunt to Whitstable last weekend I couldn't leave out this brilliant canvas clutch from Clare V. If it goes to even 50% off I may just have to succumb
Clare V Printed Canvas Clutch - now £95


And after all that browsing it was only right that my order from yesterday arrived today to satisfy the need to actually buy something. It was the Dodo Bar Or playsuit so I'm planning to give it a try tonight. The rest of the the day has been mainly about good hair after a pitstop at Blow Ltd on my way to work. Definitely my kind of way to start the day






No comments:

Post a Comment